Dr. Jatin Ashar - Director and Chief Operating Surgeon
MD (AIIMS), DNB, FICO (UK), FAICO & a fellow of L V Prasad Eye Institute
Cataract, Cornea and Refractive surgery specialist
Soft-spoken, compassionate and an intellectual man, Dr. Ashar trained at the prestigious ‘All India Institute of Medical Sciences’, New Delhi; one of Asia’s best! After his post-graduation, he completed his fellowship in Cornea and Anterior Segment from the world renowned L. V. Prasad Eye Institute. Later on, he was appointed as the main cornea consultant at the ‘New Tertiary Care Center’ at the same institute.
Remarkable sensitivity to patients' needs and providing the warmth of compassionate healing makes us stand apart. Technology is mandatory for high standards of care and Mumbai Eye Care understands that. We use only the latest technology and best in the class equipment throughout the hospital.
Dr. Ashar has many feathers in his cap; to list a few –
- Youngest Indian surgeon to be invited at the ‘American Academy of Ophthalmology’
- Credited with numerous awards,
- Publications in international journals and conferences,
- Performed numerous complex catract surgeries,
- Performed corneal transplants even in infants as young as 1 month old,
- Performed many refractive surgeries such as LASIK, PRK and ICL,
- Among top few surgeons trained in performing ‘Lamellar Keratoplasties’,
- Received ‘Achievement Award’ from American Academy of Ophthalmology,
- ‘International Ophthalmologists Education Award’ from American Academy of Ophthalmology
His areas of expertise are Lamellar Keratoplasty, Pediatric Keratoplasties and Laser LASIK Surgery. He has gifted sight to many who could not see due to corneal pathologies by performing Corneal Transplantation.
His knowledge and proficiency has positioned MEC amongst the ‘Best Eye Care Centers’ providing quality eye care with new technology, latest surgical techniques and most advanced machines catering to variety of eye diseases under one roof.